ORIJEN Original Cat Grain-Free Dry Cat Food is made to answer three questions: How much meat? How many meats? And how fresh? This premium cat food is formulated with the understanding that your cat, no matter how domesticated she appears, still has the dietary needs of her wild ancestors. Cat teeth, jaws and digestive systems are all adapted for a diet rich in meat, and cats benefit from foods that contain large amounts of animal protein and fat. ORIJEN Original Cat Grain-Free Dry Cat Food is made to meet the needs of your natural hunter.
So how much meat is your cat getting with ORIJEN Original Cat Grain-Free Dry Cat Food? An exceptional 85% of this delicious meal is made with animal ingredients, and the remaining 15% is vegetables, fruits and botanicals. Since cats are not adapted to consume grains at all, this food is limited in carbohydrates, only offering low-glycemic carbs such as squash, lentils and chickpeas that do not contribute to obesity. The wide selection of animal ingredients mirrors the varied diet of a wild cat, who gets nutrients from many different sources. In ORIJEN Original Cat Grain-Free Dry Cat Food, the sources are free-run chicken and turkey, wild-caught fish and nest-laid eggs.
Fresh is key in quality cat foods, both for nutrition’s sake and for your picky cat’s palate. ORIJEN Original Cat Grain-Free Dry Cat Food boasts an amazing two-thirds of fresh or raw meats, meaning the meat is either refrigerated or flash-frozen, and neither method includes preservatives. Free of rendered chicken or turkey meals, the other third of the meat ingredients is dehydrated poultry, which packs a protein punch like no other. ORIJEN prioritizes freshness by sourcing their ingredients from local suppliers, so the foods arrive fresh every day at ORIJEN’s Kentucky kitchens.
85% meat, a rich assortment of animal ingredients and offering a significant portion of fresh meats – ORIJEN Original Cat Grain-Free Dry Cat Food answers the three meat questions flawlessly. As an added bonus, your cat will adore the meaty flavor that comes from the gently freeze-dried liver added to the mix. For the picky eater with the health-conscious owner, try ORIJEN Original Cat Grain-Free Dry Cat Food.
|Crude protein (min.)||40%|
|Crude fat (min.)||20%|
|Omega-6 fatty acids (min.)||3.5%|
|Omega-3 fatty acids (min.)||0.8%|
MEAT AND PROTEIN RICH
Made with 85% premium meat ingredients, ORIJEN features a Biologically Appropriate™ protein level of 40% which closely replicates the natural feline diet.
FREEZE DRY INFUSIONS
Each ORIJEN morsel is infused with freeze-dried meats and liver (prepared in our very own freeze-dry kitchens) and is bursting with the natural savory flavors that all cats love.
NATURAL SOURCE AMINO ACIDS
ORIJEN’s high WholePrey™ ratios of fresh poultry, meats and fish provide a rich source of amino acids such as Taurine, all of which are derived naturally from meats, eliminating the need for synthetic additives.
NATURAL SOURCE VITAMINS AND MINERALS
ORIJEN’s high WholePrey™ ratios of fresh poultry, meats and fish provide a rich source of vitamins and minerals, most of which are derived naturally from our whole food ingredients, dramatically reducing the need for synthetic additives.
NATURAL SOURCE GLUCOSAMINE & CHONDROITIN
ORIJEN’s high WholePrey™ ratios of fresh poultry, meats and fish provide a rich and natural source of glucosamine and chondroitin, so no synthetic sources are added or needed.
RICH IN HEALTHY FATS
Animal fats are essential for your cat’s peak health. That’s why ORIJEN Cat & Kitten features naturally occurring, non-rendered fats from fresh poultry, fish and egg ingredients.
DHA AND EPA FROM FRESH FISH
Fresh saltwater fish are a Biologically Appropriate™ source of DHA and EPA, which are essential for your cat’s immune and nervous systems. DHA and EPA are not available from plant sources, such as flax, coconut or sunflower.
LOW CARB, LOW GLYCEMIC
Your cat’s natural diet contains few, if any carbohydrates. That’s why ORIJEN is free of high-glycemic ingredients like potato and tapioca, and contains less than half the carbohydrates of conventional cat foods.
|Brand||ORIJEN Dog Food & Cat Food - See all products by ORIJEN Dog Food & Cat Food|
|Food Form||Dry Food|